I’ve collected a pretty spiffy array of geeky shirts over the years. For this weeks roundup, I’ll share my shirt shopping secrets so you, too, can proudly display your nerdy obsessions to the world.
- Shirt.Woot: I haven’t had reason to buy anything from here lately, but Woot was the first place I got my geeky shirt fix. Some of my favorites that are still available: a great Portal shirt and a Doctor Who/Back to the Future mashup. Shirt.Woot does a combination of daily shirts and “reckoning” shirts, which stay available until they drop below the top twenty shirts sold in a week. They print on American Apparel blanks.
- TeeFury: This place is wonderful. I discovered two of my favorite artists there, Zerobriant and Megan Lara. (I highly advise checking out their work. One of these days I’ll do a post entirely devoted to the artists I follow, but I think these two are at the top of my list.) All of my Doctor Who shirts are from here, and I recently picked up a Harry Potter one, too. The shirt they sell changes every day, so check on a daily basis so you don’t miss any good ones. Here’s one of my favorite TeeFury dailies:
(Note: if you like this shirt, you can still get it at RedBubble.)
- RIPT Apparel: I have yet to buy from here because I discovered it during a time when I have been trying to cut back. They have had several things that I’ve liked, though, so I’m planning to keep up with them. Another daily shirt site.
- Qwertee: Oh, why are you not in the states? There was a great Firefly shirt for sale there recently that I wanted, but I didn’t quite want it enough to pay almost $20 for it. Their pricing is in Euros, but they have some fun stuff there so I know I’ll be buying something eventually. Especially if this Doctor Who/Mario mashup prints. If you like those two things, go vote for it. Now.
- Classic Coup: Another recent discovery. I actually won a couple of shirts from here, and now that I have them I can say that the shirts here are top quality. Very soft material, and great prints. I’ll be buying some more soon. Because I know you want to see more pictures of me, here I am wearing the two shirts I won.
Aren’t they fun? I highly recommend this site for literature buffs.
- Jinx: Alas, I haven’t bought anything here yet, either, but I’ve had my eyes on their Starcraft II tees for a good while now. Lots of gamer gear to be had here.
Done with embarrassing photos for now! If you know a good place for nerdy shirts that I didn’t list, then you should definitely share. I’m always in the market for a new fun t-shirt website.