**OFFICIALLY CLOSED! Click here for results.**
**Note: Check the main contest page for overall contest rules!**
It’s time for another blog contest! This month, since Doctor Who just came back and it’s all I can think about, the theme is Doctor Who. Submit your Doctor Who crafts for a chance to get your choice of an item from my Etsy shop! You can leave a link in the comments, tweet one to me (@onegirlgeek), e-mail me a picture (you can do so from the “About” page), comment on my blog’s Facebook page (also One Girl Geek)–I don’t care which you use. If you don’t link in the comments on the blog post or the official contest page which will go up shortly (don’t worry, I’ll check both), make sure you include the words “September craft contest” somewhere in the subject, tweet, or wall post.
As far as what type of crafts I’m looking for, do whatever strikes your fancy. You can go for mixed media, a painting, jewelry, clothes, a computer-drawn image, a stick figure comic strip written on a napkin…as long as it’s Doctor Who themed and you made it, I’ll accept it as a submission. Granted, I can’t prove that you made it, but if I find out somehow that you’ve submitted someone else’s work as your own, I’ll have to ban you from future contests. So, please, don’t do anything dishonorable.
If your craft isn’t obviously Whovian, submit it and explain why you feel it fits the theme. The crafter of my favorite submission will get their pick of an item listed in my Etsy shop. All submissions will be featured in a post on my blog at the end of the contest.
I’ll accept submissions through 11:59 PM on September 30th, 2011.
Not feeling crafty this month? Never fear, I’m feeling generous: there’s a giveaway as well! If you win the craft contest, you are not eligible to win an item in the giveaway, but anyone who enters the craft contest and doesn’t win gets an extra entry in the giveaway drawing. After September 30th, I’ll tally up everyone’s entries and use a random number generator to pick a winner. The winner will receive their pick of a bookmark from my shop. I’m planning to list a few more bookmark designs this month, so look out for them! Here’s how you can enter:
- Submit a craft to the craft contest (if you win, you aren’t eligible for the giveaway, but you get your pick of anything in the shop, so there shouldn’t be any complaints.)
- Share this page on twitter and add @onegirlgeek to the end so I know you tweeted it. You can tweet it as much as you want, but you only get one entry total for tweeting.
- Reblog this page or a link to it at your own blog/Tumblr/etc. and comment me the link on this post. (One entry for each blog you post to.)
- “Like” One Girl Geek on Facebook and post that you did so.
- Leave a comment on this post about who your favorite Doctor Who character is and why. (If you don’t watch the show, feel free to just leave a comment about your favorite character from another series. I’m not too picky. One entry total for doing this.)
That’s five entries if you do everything I listed! This is my second contest and my first giveaway, but if I get a lot of responses, I’ll continue doing these on a regular basis.
Also, I’m having a sale in honor of my excitement over Doctor Who’s return. Enter “letskillhitler” at checkout in my shop, and you’ll get 10% off! This one expires October 1st. There’s still an active free shipping coupon floating around the blog somewhere (hint: check the “About” page)…feel free to use it if you find it.
So, start crafting and/or posting! The deadline is 11:59 PM on September 30th, 2011. Craft contest and giveaway winners will be announced in October. Note that you will have to send me your mailing address if you win either the giveaway or the contest so I can send you your item. Good luck!